Call Us +1 608 685 3303

110 N Main Street, Alma, WI

        
  

Open Hours

June 1 - Oct 31  7 days/week:  11-4

Nov 1 - May 31  Thurs - Sun:  11-4



OFFICERS

President - Sandy Rehse

Vice President - Fred Rist

Secretary/Treasuer - Julene Rohrer


NATURE & ART CENTER

Coordinator - Julene Rohrer

Email address:  center@wingsoveralma.org

Telephone Number: 608-685-3303

BOARD OF DIRECTORS

Sandy Rehse - 1st term expires 2019

Leslie Wilke - 1st term expires 2019

Don Moats - 1st term expires 2020

Julene Rohrer - - 1st term expires 2020

Ron Gieselhart - 1st term expires 2021

Fred Rist - 1st term expires 2021

Bev Youngbauer - 1st term expires 2021

STANDING COMMITTEES

Art - Jan Brunkow

Nature - all

Facilities - Don Moats

Finance - Sonja Bautch

Membership - Julene Rohrer 

Volunteers - Julene Rohrer & Bev Youngbauer

Hospitality - Bev Ambuehl

Retail  -  Bev Youngbauer

Public Relations - Leslie Wilkie


History of Our Building

Built in 1880 by contractor Rudolf Protz for Martin Leonhardy. It was 2.5 stories of solid brick with Leonhardy's residence on the second floor. The main floor housed his saloon and farm implement business. In 1883, Leonhardy became manager of the newly purposed "Winona, Alma and Northern Railroad" and housed his office on the second floor. In 1884, this was purchased by "Chicago, Burlington and Northern Railroad." Construction of the building was completed on November 26, 1885.

In 1884, Martin Orth opened his barber and bath business. He later added furniture and an undertaking business. In 1918, he sold the furniture and undertaking to Hardy Stohr. In 1926, he sold the barber and bath business to Ed "Honey" Schreiber. In 1886, Jacob Braem bought the building and added a one-story brick veneer addition to the north (112 N. Main St.) to be used as his feed store.

Later History: Caroline Mahlman ran the building as Caroline's Cafe which she sold to George Kauth, who ran Kauth's Cafe until selling to Alma Lions Club on December 14, 1969, to run as a youth center and club room. Later senior meals were served here from 1974 to 2018. Daniel Kordiak bought the building in 2008.